Monday, July 28, 2014

rant on college financial shiet

I decided to talk to my dad about how much I would need from him for college. I do admit it is a bit late right now considering there's only a month left till college but I was trying to find a house so I can tell him an accurate price and not an estimate. Anyways so I went to go talk to him..
I estimated that I would need around $24,400-$26,000. On the csun website, it estimated that I would need around $24,312 so I was close.
I estimated around $10,000 for tuition, $8,400-$9,600 for rent ($700-$800/mo) although it could go down to $400-$500 ish, and $6,000-$7,200 for food and other necessities.
I'm not the greatest student but I was planning on taking 12 units this fall. I took around 8-10 at el co.. So I pitch my whole proposal to my dad, (understandably because he's a business person and wants to know what he's investing in) and he basically turns the whole thing around and tells me that,
I need to graduate in 2 years, (I estimated around 3 just in case)
I need to take 20 units per semester, (20 for fall and spring. I was planning on taking 12 for fall and spring and try to find a job for the free time that I'll have)
I'm not allowed to take classes in the summer because I need to find a job that pays $1500/mo or work at his place,
I need to email him all my bills, including: school tuition bills, credit card statements, bank statements, everything...
I need to send him all my transcripts,
I need to recalculate my expenses and get back to him in 2 months (because he's just trying to be as cheap as he can),
And he needs to know everything right away and not last min and if not, the whole deal is off...
And in return, I don't have to pay him back......
Also, at the end, he tells me that if my mom helps me by giving me money, I need to tell him about it..
(I have family problems esp between my parents...)
And with all these rules there are 10 million different secret meanings that he has and the fact that he can just cut me off is so infuriating.
And if I were to break any of the rules like not taking enough classes, or not finding a summer job, then he'll stop giving me money which would be horrible since I was planning on living with 3 other girls and if I just stop getting money out of nowhere, I won't be able to pay rent and that would mess up the rent price for everyone else.

Idk. As a student I don't want to have to think about not having enough money to pay for college or rent. I don't mind setting myself up for taking 12 units and then working on the side. I know I can do it because I have worked and gone to school before but his plan is ridiculous and wouldn't even work. Esp since he wants me to take 20 units but at the same time I need to remember to send him all my shit or else the whole thing is off. I don't even get my own bank statements sent to me.. If i'm taking 20 units, most likely that's almost the whole day is spent on campus.. So the only way I can print out all my statements and shit is on saturday but i'm pretty sure I need the weekend to go study..  And he magically wants me to be able to find a job in the beginning of summer.. cool. -.-

It's not the fact that my dad can't afford it either. He can. He's just stingy as hell. Why the fuck did he even have me if he didn't even have a college fund ready or get ready for the fact that I MIGHT wanna go to college... Shouldn't every parent WANT their child to go to college.. wtf. and the stupid thing is my bro has been out of high school for 2 years now doing absolutely nothing besides sleeping and eating and watching tv.. he doesn't even have a job. wth. and that prob doesn't bother my dad because at least my bro isn't asking my dad for any huge amt of money.  except for the fact that I need that huge amount of money for something important -.-
ughh end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment