Sunday, May 25, 2014

Get paid through smartphone apps!

I decided to take advantage of my smartphone and download apps that pay you back! I got into some of them a long time ago but some of them are new. I'm writing these down to track down my progress. I did do my research before investing all my time into them. I am looking for a job right now but this is just for extra money on the side. (college loans are going to be a b*tch to pay off!) Unless you want to donate to my college fund! :P

These apps are in no particular order. I'm just going one by one on how it's listed on my phone.

I have an Android Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon.
The first link will be for Android and the second will be for iPhone users.

Shopkick/shopkick (I have been a user for 2 years)
So shopkick is a point system app. You collect "kicks" and can redeem them for giftcards and prizes. You earn kicks by going through the Editor's books and collecting single "kicks" and also for walking into stores and opening up the app. You can also connect your credit card and earn more "kicks." They offer Target, Starbucks, Best Buy, Macy's, Old Navy, Sephora and more gift cards. They also offer Beats headphones, Coach bag ($300 giftcard to coach), a Vespa, iPad Air ($500 giftcard to Target) and other things.
 I have accumulated 60,473 "kicks" in total. I still have 16,060 "kicks" that I haven't used yet but so far I have already redeemed 4 x $25 Best Buy giftcards, 1 x $50 Nike giftcard, 1 x $10 gas card, and 1 x $10 Toys "R" Us giftcard.

Total: $170
6250 "kicks" = $25


Google Opinion Rewards (I have been a user since 02/06/2014)
This is an ANDROID ONLY app. It is a survey app and all you do is answer questions and get paid for your time. You cannot earn actual cash but you do earn cash that you can use in the Google Play Store. I believe this is good dependent on the area you live in. I live in the Suburbs while my boyfriend lives in an Urban area and he has made $6.03 while I have made $19.53.

I now have $25.18 :) (09/20/2014)




Receipt Hog/Receipt Hog (I have been a user since 07/2013)
All you do is buy your regular groceries and when you're done, take a picture of the receipt through Receipt Hog and that's it! You also get coins and can play a mini slots game to win more coins. I like this app because I don't need to look for certain things that will give me money back. All your grocery receipts will work. Ex) Target, Walmart, Stater Bros, Food 4 Less, Ralph's, Petco, Petsmart, 7-Eleven, etc.
1,000 coins will get you $5.00
1,800 coins will get you $10.00
3,200 coins will get you $20.00
4,500 coins will get you $30.00
You can redeem Cash or Amazon Credit. I have 3,805 coins. I have not redeemed anything yet but when I do, I will be sure to update and say if it worked of not! :)
I redeemed $30 Amazon credit for 4,500 points on 09/09/2014 :D 09/20/2014


Field Agent/Field Agent (I have been a user since 03/20/2014)
Keep checking the app because they are constantly updating with new jobs to do. You can also answer screeners to raise your Agent Score and to see if you are eligible for future jobs. Supposedly the higher score you have, the higher paying jobs you will get and you will have access to jobs first. Be careful to read all directions because if you fail to complete the job properly, you will not get the pay and your agent score will go down. Once you go below a certain score, no jobs will be available for you.
I have earned $13.00 for doing 3 jobs. One paid $7.00 and they sent me free carrots and dip to try out and comment on. The other was a $2.00 screener and the last was a $4.00 to locate a display and take pictures and answer questions.
I now have $26.00 from doing some random surveys :) (09/09/2014)


MyVegas/MyVegas (I have been a user since 11/08/2013)
So this is more of a game than an app. You play to win comps at Vegas! I have redeemed some for a $25 giftcard to coca-cola and a free breakfast at MGM (where I was staying). You keep playing slots to earn gold coins (loyalty points) which you use to redeem the comps. It is also a facebook game and you can link it to your mobile and your loyalty points will by synced. Your chip balance however is not synced. Facebook uses red coins as their chips and mobile will use purple chips.
*I have saved up 397,210 loyalty points (not counting the points I already used to redeem the gifts up above). Make the most and invite your friends to play and start earning to redeem for free comps!
Comps range from free appetizers and meals to free rooms.


Slidejoy (I have been a user since 05/2014)
This is an ANDROID ONLY app. If you guys have heard of locket, it's just like that. It's an app where it shows you ads on your lock screen and no matter which way you swipe, you can earn money. If you swipe right you continue to unlock your phone and if you swipe left, you can interact with the ad. It's only a couple cents per day but you get paid to unlock your phone which you already do anyway!
*I have made $4.70 so far and you can only withdraw every 3 months.



iPoll/iPoll (I have been a user since 05/24/2014)
So if you like doing surveys in your free time, I recommend this. You take simple surveys. There is also an online site where you can access even more surveys. You need a minimum of $10 before you can withdraw your balance. Some surveys online take a long time but the ones on mobile take a few minutes. Some are simple and can enter you in a drawing to win $25 or iPad. Others ask you to go to a grocery list and take pictures and answer questions. You get $5 just for signing up! I'm really unsure of this app though because I have answered a couple surveys 2 days ago and they are still pending. I will update whether or not it goes through or not because I took some surveys online which were around 10-20 minutes long and I don't feel like wasting time if i'm not going to get paid for my time.
*So far I have $20.35 and $5.50 pending. Best survey app so far!




SOTG/SOTG (I have been a user since 05/2014)
Surveys On The Go (SOTG) is also a survey app. Based on other reviews, depending on where you live, you get more surveys. I am currently in an Urban area but I live in the suburbs. It uses your GPS (if you turn it on) to find surveys near you. When you first sign up, they give you 6 surveys at $.25 each. You need a minimum of $10 to cash out. I got another set of 3 surveys at $.25 each two days later. I'm not sure how good this is but people have been saying good things so we'll see!
*I have $6.35 so far. Surveys don't come as often as iPoll.




Jingit/Jingit (I have been a user since 05/24/2014)
As far as I can see, you can watch videos and scan things at stores and it gives you direct money. There is no point system. Once you earn $3, you can apply to get their Visa card and directly transfer the balance onto the card! This is only the second day that i've been using it and apparently you don't get videos everyday so it might be slow trying to get money from the app. So far I got $.80 from watching videos and $1.75 for scanning items. I wasn't able to find some of them but the items are big name brand items such as Elmer's glue and Irish Spring Body wash. So far I have $2.55 (not enough to get the Visa card yet) but hopefully I will be able to and I can start using it when I buy small purchases!
*I got a total of $6.80 and recently they added redeemable gift cards and are giving an exra $5 to add toward your purchase of any giftcard!


PriceSpotting StockUp/StockUp (I have been a used since 05/28/2014)
I have been obsessed with this app! If you are annoyed with going around trying to find and scan a particular item that isn't there or is different from the picture shown, then you might be interested in this app! This app allows you to scan all grocery items, including health and beauty, beer, wine and spirits, baby and pet products. It allows you to scan items and find areas where it may be cheaper. The prices are input by people like us and is always updated! You are also rewarded with points to redeem for cash later on! The first 1,000 points you earn will get you your first $2 reward. Afterwards, every 1,000 points is equivalent to $1. That may seem like a lot but if you were to scan any item under the categories listed above, it will earn you 20 points. Also if you open the app, there are certain items that will earn you 30 points. I was able to get almost 2,000 points on my first day of scanning just from the items that were listed for 30 points on the app. They are also popular name brands such as tylenol and wheat thins. You can also scan as many as you want! Scan every flavor of wheat thins and you will get points! As of now, I have 13,559 points and have already redeemed my points for $10. They only allow you to redeem in $1, $5 or $10 amounts.
I have redeemed $150 through paypal. (09/20/2014)

Clashot/Clashot (I have been a user since 05/30/2014)
These apps are for people who take amazing photos! For Clashot, your photos will be sold for .99.
On Clashot, your photos are uploaded as "reports" and all photos will be available to be sold. Also, you can get monetary likes which is when a particular person likes your photo and you will receive a little bit of money for that "like".
Come follow me here :)
*Photos of mine that have been bought:
#1
#2 x2
#3
#4

Swagbucks (I have been a user since 07/18/2014)
All you need to do are watch videos. There are other things such as polls and surveys that will give you points as well as using their search engine. I really don't have the time for surveys so I just watch videos. Every 1,000 points is equal to $1 except amazon credit which is 450 pts = $5. For swagbucks tv, you will earn 2 pts every 5 vids. For android you can also download MovieCli.ps and Sportly.tv which will give you 2 pts every 10 videos you watch and on iphone, you can download EntertaiNow for 2 pts every 10 videos.
I now have 8,365 "swagbucks"(09/20/2014)

PerkTv (I have been a user since 06/27/2014)
There was around 2 weeks when I moved (stayed in the same state. different city) and for some reason the app kept saying users in my country were not allowed to earn pts... But for now, I have accumulated 72,296. This is only based on me watching videos. I answered some of the perk pop quiz questions for extra pts but I only got around 100 pts in total for the questions I answered. I wasn't really interested in answering questions. For this app, 5000 pts = $5 so I have around $72. Every 2 vids you watch will earn you 4 perk points.
I now have 83,332 perk points. (09/20/2014)


Instant Cash Sweepstakes
My link! <- and="" br="" can="" chances="" click="" each="" help="" improve="" join="" of="" other="" our="" we="" winning="">

These so far are the ones that I recommend! If there are other apps out there I wouldn't mind checking them out so please let me know!

Follow me on instagram @jwk92 :)

Written on 05/25/2014
Edited 09/05/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment