Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pink Striped Nails


I did my nails like 2 days ago but I couldn't get a good picture of them but I did now! When I first did my thumb, they instantly remind me of Victoria's Secret. You can search up "victoria's secret bag" but i'm pretty sure you all know what it looks like. The typical pink and hot pink stripes or the pink and white stripes.

Now I was actually inspired by my blog theme because it was originally pink but my favorite color is blue. I may change it back to pink because it was pretty as well.

All the materials I used for this was just nail polish, tape and some scissors.


I didn't take any pictures of the process because I was too busy spilling nail polish on the bed.. haha -.- I swear it just slipped and twirled and landed on the bed.. don't do your nails on the bed!!

You just get the tape and cut it into thin strips. I didn't measure them but I found the easiest way to cut the strips is to lay the tape on the bottom blade and section off how thick you want your strips and then cut and let the top blade come down and slice it off for you. It's the easiest way. 

I used the pure ice "love" which is the lighter pink as my base and then pure ice "flirt alert" (darker pink) as the strips. Pure ice is only sold at walmart and maybe online through amazon. They're only $1.99 and they're really pigmented!

You want to wait awhile after you paint on your base color so that when you stick the tape on, it doesn't strip off the base color when you peel it off. 
Lay the strips (I used 2-3) for each nail and then paint the second color on top. Then hurry and peel the strips off. Try to strip them off the straight from the tip of the nail to the base or vice versa but don't peel in one direction. ex) Don't peel them off pulling towards the right or to the left because the strips will get narrow and you will not have nice equal lines. 

     




credits to Aaron Rodriguez for the pics ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment